Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Texas Resident!

I am officially a Vincent and a Texan!! I received my driver's license in the mail yesterday!! Yes, you read correctly, in the mail. Here in Texas they don't print your license out for you at the DMV. Instead, they give you a temporary, paper license without a picture on it and mail you the real one. You also must surrender your "foreign" i.e. out-of-state license at the DMV, leaving you without a photo id. Very weird, I know. Josh and I have been using our passports as identification for the past two weeks and finally..I can now use my new Texas license!

There really isn't anything else exciting going on. I went to an interview today with American Income Life Insurance. I had a brief 10 minute interview and then sat through an extensive information session. The job seems interesting, though I'm not sure how stoked I am about a life insurance sales position. We'll see if I get a call for the final interview and assess the situation from there. I have applied for jobs at the American Red Cross, the YMCA, and Mended Hearts. I think all three of those would be a better fit for me...now I just have to wait and see.

That's all for now. I will post pictures of the apartment later this week.

No comments: