Thursday, May 7, 2009

Optimisim

There was an AWESOME special tonight on ABC called Michael J. Fox: Adventures of an Incurable Optimist. As everyone knows, Michael J. Fox has Parkinson's disease...but rather than keeping him down, Fox's optimism and positive outlook on life has kept him going. Yes, he does have great resources for the best doctors, the best medicines, etc...but without that positive attitude, who knows how well he would be doing now. This special explored optimism, not only in the United States, but also world wide. And you know, it was just a great reminder...a REFRESHING reminder to live every day with a big smile on your face, loving life, giving thanks for all that you have, thanking our Lord for all the gifts he has provided, and just generally enjoying life.

I've have be stressing a lot recently...mainly focused around finances...and this little special reminded me to relax, take a deep breath, and focus on the positive. Though Joshua and I don't always have the funds to do everything we desire...we DO have each other and that is the biggest thing to celebrate every day! So rather than continuing my stress on finances, I am going to focus on the good stuff...friends, family, free fun, and the Lord.

Ok...so that is all for the moment. Hehe, just wanted to share a breath of fresh air. It's always nice to see someone so happy, that has reason to be so angry. Thank you Michael J. Fox for your inspiration!
Oh...and as a last note, Michael J. Fox has a book out: Always Looking Up. I am definitely putting that on my list to read!

1 comment:

Hawley said...

awesome, Milli! How funny that you wrote about this :) Matt and I were admittedly watching Family Guy I think... and switching between that and the Advetures of an Incurable Optimist ;) It was really neat. We need that in our culture- especially right now! I think we often get mixed up and think that money and objects are what matter in life, when money can only buy so much...

I'm sorry you've been stressing over finances (though I feel you, girl!!), but I am glad to hear you're letting go too :)

Our next move will be yet another step down in the ladder of pride and financial comfort. I think it'll be a challenge but I think it's also going to bring much joy in letting go of the things that we mistakenly give priority in our lives. Money isn't everything, and we all know "money can't buy you love", right?! :)

Love you, darling, miss you so, and please oh please can we catch up soon?! xoxox