Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday Tradition and Cheer

Christmas music, Caramel Apple Cider from Starbucks, and making my Christmas cards...not too much can beat that!  Friday night I got to do all of these things all at once!

I'm not going to post a picture of the final product..as I don't want to ruin the Christmas Card surprise!  But..they do incorporate the stamps in the right of the picture.  This year I learned to emboss.  I must say, the process is pretty cool.  I've been working on embossing the cards and addressing envelopes.  I'm a good 1/2 way through.  

Last year I got my card idea from Martha Stewart.  I used grosgrain ribbon to make Christmas trees on the front. Go to Martha Stewart.com for other ideas.
Ribbon Trees
Mine looked similar to the one on the top  left.
This years idea came from Paper Source.  They had an embossing demonstration at the store and they had a great selection of stamps so I thought..why not! They have a lot of really cool gift ideas, on top of great card supplies.  Check them out at Paper Source.com

I guess you could say making my Christmas cards is a holiday tradition.  What is a holiday tradition that you look forward to every year?

No comments: