Tuesday, September 23, 2008

D.C. Weekend

I just got home from a wonderful trip to Washington D.C. My dear friend Hawley got married on Saturday, so I went up Wednesday to help her finish up a few errands. I had such a good time and I was able to stay with another good friend...Elyse!

Hawley's wedding was absolutely wonderful. The whole thing could not have fit her and Matt's personality more perfectly! The colors were a olive green and gold and the centerpieces at the reception were potted plants, so people were able to take them home and keep them! I had a great time meeting all of Matt's friends, as well as those of Hawley's that I didn't know yet. It was definitely a busy weekend, but I had a blast being a part of such a special day.

On Sunday I was abl to spend some time with Elyse, Claire, and Moira. Claire came in town from Charleston, and Moira came down from New York. I had a blast catching up with them and just relaxing, and generally having a good time. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do any site seeing. I spent most of my time north of the city, in Bethesda, where Hawley's parents live..or actually running errands around town.

I missed Joshua TREMENDOUSLY and we have decided never to take a trip that long without each other again. I'm lookin forward to taking trips with Joshua one day soon, but for now I'm just so thankful to be back home with him. Well, that is all for now. I start my new job tomorrow! I will write more about that later this week, and I'll also post some pictures from Hawley's wedding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute, Milli!! :) I'm glad you had so much fun and sorry it had to be without Joshua :( I love you so much and am soooo grateful for you!! xoxox