Monday, September 15, 2008

Weddings and Reunions

This past weekend I traveled up to Michigan for my cousins wedding. It was so nice to see my family. Mom was already up there and Zach and Olivia drove up Friday, arriving after me. We all had a great time hanging out at dad's house on Saturday and at the wedding Saturday night. I danced the night away with my cousins. I loved my wedding, and I am so thankful for all the people that came..I really was the party of a lifetime. However, it's also great being on the other side, and being a guest! As their favors, they gave lotto cards, which was so fun!

The trip was very short, I flew home Sunday afternoon and came home to a wonderful surprise! Joshua had picked up our new coffee table!! I'll post pictures soon. He also bought beautiful dark pink roses and had candles lit. It was so nice to come home to my loving husband and a clean house. We had a wonderful afternoon together. We explored a neighborhood on our way to the movies. There is this really cute (really expensive) little shopping center in Highland Park that has an amazing movie theatre. I am putting a picture below. It reminded me of the theatres in Italy (though I've only seen them in movies). I think I may have thought that in part because there was a little gelato shop on the main level!
Highland Park Village Theatre

After our movie we went out to dinner at a great little Mexican place that has truly Mexican food, rather than tex-mex. The food was delicious and the proportions were perfect! After dinner we came home, grabbed our things and went to the library so Joshua could get some work done. It was just really great to spend an entire day together. I hope all of our reunions will be so great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Milli, how sweet of Joshua to greet you like that! :) And it sounds like you had a blast in Michian this past weekend. I'm so happy for you!

Love you lots and I can't wait to see you!!