Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fall Touches

I have all my fall stuff out..and I'm a little sad to see it go within the next week.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas.  But there is just something about the warm colors of fall that warm my heart and make me so happy.  Thankfully,  some of these pieces can be carried through Christmas.  Here are a few glimpses of our fall decor:

Welcome to the Vincent's.  Warm welcome with our fall wreath

Coffee Table pumpkins.  Had to get something Pierre wouldn't chew on...
glass pumpkins are a success!

Right by the front door.  Love our Scentsy with fall scents.

These add a little glam.  Thank you Target!
They will be sticking around through Christmas.

I needed to jazz up the hall a little and found this really cool wreath...
also from Target.

Ok, so this isn't part of my fall decor.  But Pierre LOVES boxes.
Joshua got some new kicks last weekend and Pierre has claimed the box as home.
We've thought about making him a box fortress in the office (aka Pierre's room).

Also not Fall decor, but a great fall meal.  Salad and Poppyseed Chicken Casserole.
See below for this super easy recipe:

Poppyseed Chicken Casserole:
3 chicken breasts: boil for 45 minutes
1 package of bag-n-boil rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
2 tbsp poppyseeds
1 roll of Ritz crackers
1/2 stick butter

Once chicken is done boiling, chop up in chunks and mix with cream of chicken soup, sour cream and poppyseeds.

Melt butter, crumble ritz crackers, mix these together.

Place rice in the bottom of your baking dish (I use an 8x8 because I like the thickness of the casserole this way).  Layer chicken mixture on top of rice.  top with butter and ritz cracker mixture.

Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and enjoy!

No comments: