Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekend Bliss

One of my favorite things about the weekend is breakfast! I know...my life seems to evolve around delicious food...but breakfast on the weekend is one of my favorite activities with Joshua. During the week it's a rush to get out the door on time..so we'll make eggs really quick and eat them standing in the kitchen...or make a quick bowl of cereal....or sometimes I even put some oatmeal in some plastic-ware to make at work. Needless to say, weekend breakfast is much slower paced and usually consists of muffins, pancakes, waffles, or eggs with some sides. My mom has THE BEST blueberry muffin recipe that is healthy and wonderfully delicious. I know I've posted about them before...but I've finally decided to share the recipe. I'm going to call them Robin's Blueberry Muffins on behalf of my very talented mother!

Robin's Blueberry Muffins


Ingredients:
1/2 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. OJ or water (I prefer OJ)
1 1/2 c. all purpose flower
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 c. oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tbsp sugar and 1/4 tbsp cinnamon (reserve for topping)

Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line or grease muffin cups. In large bowl, combine rolled oats and OJ-stir well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup- level off. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, oil, and egg-mix well. Stir in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. mix remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter.

Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes.

Eat and enjoy! Have a good weekend!

No comments: